Updated - August 31, 2021
AAMOC is an ALL VOLUNTEER registered non-profit organization. Members share cost and volunteer.
Program and Admission Information
1. New student MUST be in 5th or 6th grade as of fall 2021
2. AAMOC program is for advanced math and competition
3. AAMOC program requires significant student effort and one parent participation to accompany her/his child in the class on the first year (there is a good chance of not keeping up with the program if a parent is not directly involved on the first year)
4. It is a first come - first served (people were in line several hours in advance in the past few years)
5. Number of available seats is limited to 40 Students (may change after return students registration is complete)
6. 50% of available seats are to Ann Arbor Public School (AAPS) students
7. Only a parent or legal guardian can register his/her own child ( Please make it fair to all who stand in line)
8. Twins must bring legal proof (had issue a few years ago before implementing this rule)
9. Student must be present at the time of registration (8 AM)
10. At the registration time students and parents must present documentation of family relationship (parenthood), residency (for 50% of AAPS school) and proof
of 5th grade status (school report, or a letter from teacher on a letterhead)
11. Student and a parent must plan to stay at Tappan till Noon to attend orientation and participate in the first class
12. AAMOC members share cost and volunteer to help the community.
13. AAMOC has no question asked - NEED based - HONOR system scholarship. Scholarship does NOT apply to first year students.
As a volunteer organization, people who get in line are asked to organize themselves - make a numbered list (#, arrival time, child name, parent name, age, school, grade), maintain order, keep the area clean, and demonstrate a spirit of team working and volunteerism
Program Program Cost and Payment
Payment is required at the time of registration. Sample cost share information from last year and this year costs may vary as we have not received AAPS cost yet
Bring personal checks for payment (do not fill the name on the checks until admission is confirmed).
Majority if not all new students will be assigned to level I section C - starting at 10:30 AM (AAMOC is adding a new section to accommodate more students).
AAMOC as a volunteer organization reserve the right to change the above rule as it needs. Volunteers are neither professional educators nor public employees.
AAMOC volunteers are not lawyers and organization does not deep pocket to hire one. Therefore, AAMOC rules are not legal binding.
Thanks, AAMOC Leadership