2020/21 Program and Registration
(Last update August 21, 2020)
This information will be updated as soon as we figure out safe and fair registration process
Students and parents on AAMOC email list will be updated as soon as possible
AAMOC volunteers are still working to address issues from safe and fair registration to taking care of all needs for quality online teaching.
1. Health and safety of every single member of our AAMOC family has always been and will always be our top priority.
2. Ann Arbor Public School (AAPS) is not providing AAMOC access to any building for in person classes.
3. Confirming: “We can do anything except divide by zero”; focusing on health and safety of all people; and committing firmly to lead in citizenship, communication, interpersonal relationship and learning knowledge/skills (academic); we will continue our program of teaching/learning and developing friendship via online classes in 2020/21 better than ever. We will switch to in person classes when it is confidently safe and AAPS grants AAMOC access to a building.
4. AAMOC is rising to the occasion to help at a time of high unemployment with offering free classes to all returning students and any newly admitted student. The $20 deposit is still required.
5. Saturday, September 12th shall be the first day of our classes (starting 9 AM).
6. Need your help: Tell friends and family about this program
New Student Admission (generic information)
Please Click on Email to AAMOC on the bottom and ask for an Application Immediately
About 40 seats are available for ADMITTING NEW students in LEVEL I.
Level I is intended primarily for 5th grader. Sixth graders can also join Level I.
Details: Please refer to the link on Admission Guideline (middle of this page)
AAMOC always seeks older students with exceptional Mathematical Talents who have high potential for success on major Math Competitions and well motivated for developing leadership skills. These students must present RECORD of Top Achievements in regional and national Math Exams such as AMC, AIME, MMPC, HMMT, MMATHS or equivalents. Standards for exception admission is high.
AAMOC is a volunteer organization with over 200 students. We are located in Tappan Middle School (2251 E Stadium Blvd, Ann Arbor, MI 48104) on the 2nd Floor and classes run from 9:00 AM-12:00 Noon every Saturday during AAPS school schedule.
AAMOC is supplementary math education program completely run by community volunteers in collaboration with Ann Arbor Public School District. AAMOC program from level 1 through level 4 classes to all students within our capacity limitations. Students who qualify will be invited to advanced invitational math classes to pursue higher math.
In addition to math classes, AAMOC offers optional physics, chemistry to 5th and 6th graders. Additional youth leadership classes are offered to selected students who are already in AAMOC program.
AAMOC also coach students to MOEM,AMC8 and AMC 10 competitions as well administer the tests. Also AAMOC students get an opportunity to participate in local and other national level competitions such as HMMT, MMATHS, etc.
Our volunteer teachers come from varied background, but sharing a common passion to help our community.
AAMOC program calendar aligns with Ann Arbor School calendar year. New student admission is on the first Saturday after labor day weekend and information will be updated on this site.
Admission guidelines and process
Admission is based on first-come-first served. Please refer to admission guidelines for more details and criteria.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us via email by clicking the following link.